- 1 Cup plain or vanilla Yogurt (I like Oikos Greek yogurt)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cupFour Play Porter
- 1 bag Pamela’s Chocolate Cake Mix (It is gluten free but incredibly moist and YUMMY)
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 handfuls of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350* F. Grease a 13×9 pan OR a bundt pan, dust lightly with flour.
- In a small bowl, whisk yogurt with eggs and vanilla.
- Measure out 1 cup porter, letting the head settle to be sure your measurement is correct. Pour beer into a large saucepan. Add butter and whisk. Turn heat off
- Add egg mixture to the saucepan mixture and whisk. Add Pamela’s cake mix and blend until smooth. Toss in chocolate chips
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in oven for 35-40 or until cake tester inserted into the center comes out fairly clean
- Let cake cool in the pan on a rack for 15 minutes. If using a bundt cake invert and place on cake plate.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese or dairy free cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sifted confectioner’s sugar
- Up to ½ cup SO coconut milk creamer hazelnut or vanilla flavor
- Whip cream cheese and sugar until smooth
- Slowly stir in only enough creamer to make frosting spreadable.
- After frosting the cake, sift a little cocoa powder on top.
Special thank you to Lisa Cook for sharing this recipe.